Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Rain of my Trip!

Today I finally got to experience some of that famous rain they always talk about. It was a little cooler today and it poured for about 15 minutes at midday and sprinkled several other times throughout the day. The clouds are really dark and impressive, rolling in from Pinchincha to the west. Speaking of Pinchincha - tomorrow I get to take the cable car all the way to the top of the mountain/volcano. Talk about altitude!

Today I met up with Molly Adix who is here on another program. She´s a girl on my cross-country team, for those of you who don´t know. I really like her friends! Her school is also super close to myhouse so hopefully she can come have lunch some day. We ran 19 minutes today in Parque Carolina (so it was flat! yay!) and then we did abs. The run was SOOO hard. As soon as I stopped my head was pounding with a headache and my stomach cramped up like I was gonna be sick. Gotta love that altitude. I am gonna keep working on it.

Also, today I easily walked 90 min or maybe two hours, much of it up hill, just getting from point A to point B. I actually feel like I might never be able to use my legs again! I´m soooo tired. And I hope the stomach pains are just from my run and not cause I have my first bug!

Other notes of interest: I got miserably lost on the bus at night in a sketchy neighborhood and my phone wouldn´t work. The good news is I had a friend with me and she was calm so I didn´t cry. Also we made it back fine. It was character building, but no bus after dark for me anymore. Taxis only!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great to about all the adventures, even the bus ride. key to sucess never panic and remain incharge even if you might be thinking otherwise.
think i found a pretty route to Quito via Atlanta and total travel time is only 8 hours. the most critcal factor in getting Marshall to come. that and if your 2 Equdorian brothers play computor games that should shince it.
when we get together this weekend we'll start coordinating dates for our trip. so keep track of the best sights and resturants.
love you....Dad

Addy said...

Tell Marshall Ian loves warcraft and has already challenged him to a duel.